Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Welcome

Hi, my name is Scott Gainous and I'm a .NET developer, architect, and general technology enthusiast. This is my first post just to welcome everyone to my blog and let everyone know what type of posts that you can expect to see from me in the future.

Generally, the reason why I started a blog is not unlike other developers that have similar blogs. I found that I like to be on the bleeding edge of technology and there are advantages and drawbacks to this. As you probably have experienced at some point in your technical career, there are simply problems that you need to solve quickly and there just doesn't seem to be an answer on the web. The reasons are many but often it is because the technology is really new or the issue is so rare that nobody seems to have a good answer. If you do stumble across the answer, its likely because of someone's awesome blog post.

Well to get to the point, the other day at work, I was documenting a solution regarding ASP.NET WebForms (not MVC) and the System.Web.Routing capabilities in .NET 3.5 SP1 and thought to myself, I really need to share my experiences with others. This is exactly what I aim to do. While my blog is called "Ramblings about .NET", I hope to share my knowledge in a variety of areas such as:
  • SharePoint
  • Office
  • ASP.NET
  • Visual Studio
  • Windows
  • NHibernate
  • ...and any other cool things I have to share
I hope you will find my upcoming posts to be informative and generally enjoyable to read. I know I can't wait to hear your feedback and help make technology just a tad less tedious and a lot more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, I'm looking forward to reading about your trials and tribulations while working with new technologies. I will be checking back often to see what new feature sets you find really cool or really pointless.

    ReplyDelete